Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Dusk at copper mill lock

Just a lovely shot boats laid up for the evening bitter cold though hope they all got there fire well stoked

Sunday, 17 January 2010


As we have been through one of the coldest winters so far in the last 30 years , You must be aware that the ice thickness on the surface of the water represents 10% of its depth with the other 90% under the water , and as boats will be laid up for some time either in marinas or out on the cut , please ensure that before you set off on any trip after the thore that you run the engine in gear for around half an hour , as any grit in the bearing or cutlas alone with the grease and water will have been affected with the cold icey conditions and although all will seem fine at first if your stern tube has any wear in it , it will leak so run the engine warm up the shaft and re grease before setting off , this is just advise and advise costs nothing happy boating .

Saturday, 16 January 2010

Black jacks Lock

Thought id share this with you all near black jacks mill the other day on the grand unioun canal herefieldthe winter i think we will allways remember